XMM-Newton Survey Science Centre (SSC)
Consortium Meeting No.30
MPE Garching, Germany, 25+26 April 2017
Status and achievements.
3XMM_dr6 has been made public, next release 3XMM_dr7 is expected early 2017.
How shall this evolve (e.g., wishes for 4XMM) ?
Production of catalogue of stacked observations.
Science with XMM-Newton archival data and catalogs and software.
Lessons learned from XMM-Newton for future missions?
Calibration requirements for certain scientific questions.
The SSC Consortium Meeting
is expected to follow the usual format,
i.e., presentations for the Science Advisory Group (SAG),
and SAS Working Group,
with a closed session of the Steering Group.
There will be an XMM-Newton EPIC Calibration and Operations meeting
(contact: Calibration Scientist Michael.Smith at sciops.esa.int)
just following the SSC meeting.
A tentative schedule is:
- Tue 25-April 13:00-14:00 Coffee and Registration
- Tue 25-April 14:00-18:30 Session 1 SAG
- Tue 25-April 19:30-xx:xx Social Dinner
- Wed 26-April 09:00-12:30 Session 2 SAG
- Wed 26-April 12:30-14:30 Steering Group (closed session)
- Wed 26-April 14:30-18:00 Session 3 SAS-WG
- Thu 27-April 09:00-12:30 EPIC Operations
- Thu 27-April 14:00-17:30 EPIC Calibration
The list of registered participants is available.
A preliminary agenda is available.
The meeting will take place at
Germany, in the New Seminar Room (1.1.18) in building X5-West.
There will be wireless internet access available.
Details will be distributed at the meeting.
can easily be reached from
For details on public transport you may consult the form based
or a map based version.
- Munich Airport via sub-urban train (S-Bahn) line S1 to Neufahrn and then bus 690,
or line S8 to Ismaning and then bus 230, or
- Munich or Garching downtown via metro (U-Bahn) line U6 to Garching-Forschungszentrum, or,
- by car on motorway A9 exit Garching-Nord, or
- by taxi.
There are several hotels in Garching and Munich.
For booking you may use internet reservation systems, or contact the hotel directly.
The city of
Garching provides a
list of hotels. There is also a
list of restaurants available.
Please register using the
(or send an email to the LOC).
There will be no registration fee.
There will be a social dinner on Tuesday evening at TBD.
mjf at mpe.mpg.de
Max-Planck-Institut für extraterrestrische Physik
Giessenbachstrasse , D-85740 Garching , Germany