Social events of the GRB Conference 2012
Booking status of the various options for Wednesday afternoon
Note that nearly all of the offered options come with a maximum number of possible participants
which is smaller than the expected total number of participants for the conference - so first come,
Details on the above options
- Excursion to Kloster Andechs
- A Benedictines monastery founded in the 10th century, about 35 km south of Munich.
Home of one of the oldest bavarian breweries. More details
and in English
- Maximum capacity = 160 people: 2 groups of 40 people each at 12:30 (immediately after the end
of the session) and 13:30. The busses will leave pretty sharply to catch the guided tours
at 14:00 and 15:00, respectively.
- The excursion includes a ~1 hr guided tour (in English) through the monastery and the brewery
(except the fermentation room which is under reconstruction), followed by a typical "Bier & Brez'n"
in the Biergarten of the monastery. The bus takes one hour per direction, so each excursion
takes about 4 hrs.
- Guided Munich City Tour
- Walk through the Old Town of Munich. Duration = 1.5-2 hrs.
Come and enjoy the beautiful sights of the Old City of Munich. The experienced guieds will tell
you the history and the stories behind the places and buildings you pass on your way.
Among the famous landmarks are the New City Hall, Old Town Hall, St. Mary's Column, Frauenkirche,
Marienplatz, St. Peter's Church, Viktualienmarkt, Royal Residence, Residence Theatre,
National Theatre -- Opera, Hofbräuhaus, Old Court, Odeonsplatz, Field Marshals' Hall,
Court Garden, and Theatiner Church of St. Cajetan.
- Maximum number of 25 people per group; English guide.
- Guided Tour City & Castle Nymphenburg
|Updated 4 August 2020|
Imprint and Disclaimer