Infrared/Submillimeter Instrumentation at MPE
|Very Large Telescope||Large Binocular Telescope||HERSCHEL||ELT (ESO)|
The click-able figure below illustrates:
experiments which are under development, in the design phase, or under consideration
- ERIS , adaptive optics camera and imaging spectrograph for the VLT
- MICADO , MCAO Imaging Camera for Deep Observations
- GRAVITY+ Enhancement of VLTI interferometry towards improved sensitivity and full sky coverage
and experiments which are/were operational at telescopes or on satellites
- GRAVITY , an adaptive optics assisted, near-infrared VLTI instrument for precision narrow-angle astrometry and interferometric phase referenced imaging of faint objects.
- ARGOS - the Laser Guide Stars for the LBT.
- KMOS , a multi integral field spectrograph
- PACS (2009-2013) , a far-infrared imaging photometer and spectrometer instrument for the Herschel Space Observatory (formerly known as FIRST)
- LUCI , a facility NIR spectrograph for the Large Binocular Telescope
- PARSEC (2006-2012) , the laser for the VLT (part of the ESO LGSF)
- SINFONI, a state-of-the-art imaging NIR spectrometer ( SPIFFI [MPE]) plus an adaptive optics system ( MACAO [ESO])
- CONICA , a diffraction-limited near infrared camera for the ESO VLT
- FIFI LS , the Field-Imaging Far-Infrared Line Spectrometer for the SOFIA airborne observatory.
- LISA , the near infrared camera for the VLT Interferometer Commissionning Instrument (2001-2003)
- ALFA , an adaptive optics system with a laser guide star (2996-2002)
- high spatial resolution near-infrared speckle cameras SHARP I (1991-2002) and SHARP II+ (1995-2002)
- the 30m Telescope (since 1985) and Plateau de Bure Interferometer (since 1992), systems for high sensitivity and high spatial resolution millimeter wavelength observations. Both facilities are operated by IRAM NOEMA .
- the first integral field near-infrared spectrometer 3D (1993-1999)
- Infrared Space Observatory Short Wavelength Spectrometer, ISO-SWS , an instrument which provided high sensitivity spectrocopic data from 2.4 - 45µm (1995 - 1998)
- MANIAC, a unique instrument designed for simultaneous observations in the near-infrared and mid-infrared (1996-1999)