Click here for a target list (pdf), including pointing positions.
The original SHINING survey in guaranteed time (GTO) includes
- ~10 Starburst galaxies from the IRAS Revised Bright Galaxy Sample (RBGS, Sanders et al. 2003)
- ~10 Seyfert 1 galaxies taken mostly from the CfA (Huchra & Burg 1992)
- ~10 Seyfert 2 galaxies taken from the Bassani et al. 1999 sample
- ~5 „elusive“ galaxies (heavily obscured AGN and ULIRGs)
- ~30 low metallicity Galaxies and regions in the LMC and SMC
- ~25 local ULIRGs; The local (z<0.5) ULIRG sample consists of all ULIRGs in the RBGS, augmented by sources from the PSCz catalog (Saunders et al., 2000) matching the high luminosity of ULIRGs at z»1.
- 5 ULIRGs at z~1
- ~60 interacting galaxies from Arp, KPG, VV, CGCG, UGC catalogues (photometry only)
The guaranteed time survey was augmented by various OT1 and OT2 open time projects.