Click here for a target list (PDF), including pointing positions.
The original SHINING survey in guaranteed time (GTO) includes
- ~ 10 Starburst galaxies from the IRAS Revised Bright Galaxy Sample (RBGS, Sanders et al. 2003)
- ~ 10 Seyfert 1 galaxies taken mostly from the CfA (Huchra & Burg 1992)
- ~ 10 Seyfert 2 galaxies taken from the Bassani et al. 1999 sample
- ~ 5 "elusive" galaxies (heavily obscured AGN and ULIRGs)
- ~ 30 low-metallicity galaxies and regions in the LMC and SMC
- ~ 25 local ULIRGs; the local (z < 0.5) ULIRG sample consists of all ULIRGs in the RBGS, augmented by sources from the PSCz catalog (Saunders et al. 2000) matching the high luminosity of ULIRGs at z » 1.
- 5 ULIRGs at z ~ 1
- ~ 60 interacting galaxies from Arp, KPG, VV, CGCG, and UGC catalogs (photometry only)
The guaranteed-time survey was augmented by various OT1 and OT2 open-time projects.